Oh hey there, everyone!
You may have noticed a slight absence of me among here of late. I took a slight blogging break to square away last details for my two little ones’ birthday photo shoots and finish preparations for their Birthday Bash, which was on Saturday!
We have also had jam-packed weekends of fun… including small day trips, such as taking LW to see Sesame Street Live and the sorts.
I was trying to embrace as much time as a family unit as possible, prior to my Hubby starting a demanding work schedule as they begin the refueling outage at the Nuclear Power Plant where he is employed. The kiddos and I won’t be seeing him much for the next two months! :/
Anyways, as a way of easing myself back into the blogging scene… I figured (and kind of promised all of you who follow me on Instagram @mommainbloom) I’d share the recipe to the Greek Pasta Salad that I made for LW and NK’s Birthday Bash.
The dressing for this pasta salad was adapted from the following recipe, but the rest of the recipe is completely my own! :)
- 1 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. White Sugar
- 6 cups Elbow Macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 small package (20-30) Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Medium Sized Bell Peppers (sliced and diced)
- 1 (10 oz.) block of Vermont Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 (6 oz.) can of Whole Black Olives (pitted)
- 1 pkg. of Mini Pepperoni
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together EVOO, vinegar, garlic powder, basil, oregano, black pepper, and white sugar until well combined.
- Meanwhile cook pasta, according to package directions.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes, slice and dice the bell peppers, cube the block of cheese, and slice the olives according to your preference.
- Drain and rinse cooked pasta with cool water.
- Combine the cooked pasta, tomatoes, peppers, cheese, olives, and pepperoni – mixing well.
- Add dressing, tossing to evenly coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Everybody really enjoyed it and was asking for the recipe at the party. So, I figured it would just be easier to share with everybody here! ;)
Hope you all enjoy! What is YOUR favorite “go-to” recipe when hosting a large group of people? Please do share – leave a link to the recipe below for my readers and I to check out!